The Ingredients: Boron Nitride, Zinc Oxide, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides
*This list is off of my package purchased about six months ago, Sephora now lists slightly different ingredients.
EWG Skin Deep Rating: 1 (on a 0-10 scale, 0 being lowest hazard)
|Korres Wild Rose Mineral Foundation in Porcelain|
|1. Porcelain applied heavily, no blending. 2. Applied lightly and blended with finger.|
What I like:
- I LOVE the finish of this product. Not shimmery, not matte. Not quite dewy, just a subtle glow.
- I can use it as concealer, even under my eyes.
- It blends so well I don't need to apply it everywhere if I don't want to.
- Very short and non-toxic ingredient list
- Doesn't break me out
- Natural/light coverage - just enough to even and brighten my skin
- The sifter does not close....I recommend you keep the sponge that comes with product, certainly not for applying the product but it really helps keep the product from coming out of the sifter and into the lid if you toss it in your makeup bag.
- Can get a little heavy feeling if applied too liberally (as would most things I assume..)
- I'm not sure if the ingredients are nano-particle size.
- Colour range is not huge. Sephora carries 8 colours, I am the lightest.
- Moisturize well and let it sink in for at least five minutes before you apply foundation.
- Start with far less than you think you will need.
- Use a kabuki brush and gently buff in circles to blend.
While I thoroughly enjoy this foundation it is not a guaranteed repurchase for me yet. I am interested in finding a Canadian, indie brand whose philosophy matches mine more closely. You may have noticed the Johnson and Johnson company listed on the back, something I didn't notice until I photographing the product for this review. Overall this is a great product with very few flaws.